Dining Tables & Chairs for Small Spaces
Create a dedicated eating and entertaining space in a small dining room or kitchen with functional, modern furniture. Extension tables, stackable chairs and multi-functional benches are just the beginning—take a look at the best small dining room ideas below and some of our favorite products.
Dining Tables for Small Spaces
- Eliminate running into table corners and opt for a round design. Many of our round tables also feature a pedestal base. This style takes up less square footage and allows you to easily slide chairs underneath the table.
- Create the illusion of a larger space with light colors and materials. A glass tabletop will keep your dining space feeling open and airy, while lighter woods or stones up the brightness factor.
- Easily accommodate more guests on the fly with an extension table. Bonus if the table features self-storing leaves!
- A drop-leaf table is the easiest way to get more surface area in a hurry. This is a great solution for hosting guests, and it can double as a flexible food prep station.
Hosting dinner in a small kitchen? Use artisanal cutting boards for prep and later for presentation and serving (after a quick wash, of course).
Dining Chairs for Small Spaces
- Choose smaller scale dining chairs to seat more people around the table.
- Stackable chairs are so easy to store. Keep a few in the closet to have on-hand for dinner guests.
- Prioritize stylish, comfortable chairs that can flex as dining or living room seating. Just move from room to room as needed.
The right size rug can help define a small dining space. Bonus for flat-weaves or other short pile options—they make it easy to smoothly move chairs over the rug.
Counter & Bar Tables for Small Spaces
- Place a counter or bar table against the wall to free up space in narrow kitchens and dining rooms. You can still fit multiple stools around the table.
- A round counter or bar table eliminates painful edges and can tuck nicely into a nook. Position near a window, if possible, to create a brighter, more spacious look.
- Get dual purpose out of a counter with built-in storage. You can easily stow kitchen or bar items underneath (and put them in bins and baskets for added organization).
Counter & Bar Stools for Small Spaces
- Select counter or bar stools with slim silhouettes.
- Opt for stools with pedestal bases to maximize floor space.
- Stools without backs can easily tuck underneath a bar or counter table.
Dining Benches for Small Spaces
Throw pillows and blankets add a modern, cozy touch to any bench and help round out the look.