- When choosing your table measurements, consider any doorways, stairs or hallways you may need to maneuver the table through.
- Overall height measurements include table top.
- The standard recommended height for a dining table is 29 inches.
- We recommend allowing 24 inches per person around your table.
- Make sure you have enough room to pull dining chairs out from the table. We recommend allowing 18 to 24 inches of space, though your room may require more space.
- Table legs may affect chair placement, giving you more or less room along certain sides.
- Keep dining chair measurements in mind when choosing your table measurements.
- The standard recommended height for a counter table is 36 inches.
- The standard recommended height for a bar table is 42 inches.
- We recommend counter stools with a height of 24 to 26 inches and bar stools with a height of 31 inches.
- The standard recommended height for an end table is 22 to 30 inches.
- The standard recommended height for a cocktail table is 13 to 17 inches.
- We recommend spacing a cocktail table and sofa about 18 inches apart for smooth traffic flow.
- End tables should be at or below the arm of a sofa and/or chair for easy access.
- Console tables placed behind a sofa should be at or just below the height of the sofa back.
Custom Product Policy
A non-refundable fee of 30% applies to custom products that are changed, canceled or returned. Full refunds are only given if the custom product order is canceled within 48 hours of being placed or in the rare case of defects in materials or workmanship.
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$99 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $139 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).