Emery Storage Bed Assembly Instructions
List of parts:
- 1 headboard with four 1" x 7/16" hex head bolts to attach the rails (There are 3 additional bolts on each of the bracket plate assemblies that may need tightening.)
- 1 footboard with five 1-3/4" x 1/2" hex head bolts and washers
- 2 side rails with two 1" x 7/16" hex head bolts and drawer glides
- 1 black spacer rail (fits between side rails at foot of bed)
- 10 steel slats (Twin/Full); 12 steel slats (Queen)
- 1 storage drawer
- 8 3/4" machine screws (for mounting drawer to glide).
- NOTE: These screws are attached to the storage drawer.
- Phillips screwdriver
- 7/16" socket with ratchet or wrench
- 1/2" socket
Two-person assembly: Lean headboard against the wall near desired placement. With one person holding the side rail up against the bracket, hand-start bolts (to avoid cross-threading) and tighten. Repeat for the second rail.
One-person assembly: Start with the headboard on its back and invert the rail to install. Ensure all bolts are tight before tipping down. Repeat for the second rail.
NOTE: If you experience difficulty aligning bolts with t-nuts, loosen the headboard bolts to help with alignment. Tighten all bolts.
- Remove the black screws from the end of the mount rails.
- Place black spacer rail between side rails and re-insert screws in the countersunk holes on each end of the spacer rail.
- Mounting footboard: Remove the 5 bolts and washers from the footboard.
- Align the holes in the footboard with the holes in the drawer box. Re-insert bolt thru washers and countersunk holes in the drawer box and tighten.
- Fully extend drawer glides which are already attached to the side rails.
- Place drawer between the fully extended glides.
- Align the holes in the glide with the holes in the drawer so that the glides are flush with the front of the drawer. Insert the screws (from included packet) into the holes and tighten (4 screws on each side of drawer).
- Place slats on side rails, matching the slots in each slat to the rivet on the side rails.
- Place mattress on slats.