Custom Modern Rugs from Room & Board
Room & Board offers dozens of customizable area rug options in a range of quality materials, exclusive patterns, rich colors and rug styles – both in-store and online. How can you design the custom rug of your dreams? While Room & Board believes there are no rules when it comes to decorating your home, here are some guidelines to get you started.
Selecting the Right Sized Rug
• Keep both the size of your room and how you arrange your furniture in mind while you rug shop.
• Consider whether you want all furniture on the rug, just front legs on the rug or all furniture off the rug.
• Leave about 18 inches between rug edges and the wall to create a border of exposed floor.
• Have a tiny room? Consider reducing the rug border for better proportions.
• Choosing a dining room rug? Room & Board recommends a flat-weave rug or other short-pile option, which allow chairs to move smoothly over the edge of the rug.
Personalized Rugs FAQs
How long do custom pieces take?
Not as long as you might think. As you’re shopping, you’ll see the number of weeks required for the custom piece you’re considering.
Isn’t custom expensive?
Custom pieces are typically a little more expensive than in-stock rugs, but Room & Board works hard to keep prices reasonable, so our custom rugs are stay a great value.
Can I order rug samples?
Absolutely. Room & Board offers $25 rug samples to test drive at your home (just return for a full refund; shipping is free both ways).
Can you help me with my custom rug design?
Yes! You can visit any Room & Board store, contact our free, non-commissioned Design team or explore Room & Board’s online rug builder tool to get started right away.
Room & Board Design Associates are happy to help you design the perfect custom pieces for your home. In fact, they’re available to help with everything from quick questions to floor planning and design ideas.
Custom Product Return Policy
A non-refundable fee of 30% applies to custom products that are changed, canceled or returned. Full refunds on custom products are only given if the custom product order is canceled within 48 hours of being placed or in the rare case of defects in materials or workmanship.