Our Tidal rug’s modern colors and low pile bring effortless sophistication to any space. Tidal’s design isn’t its only appeal, though; this rug gets its name from its sustainable story. Tidal is created from ECONYL® yarn, which is made from materials such as discarded fishing nets, used carpeting and other nylon waste that would otherwise end up in oceans or landfills and potentially endanger wildlife. These recycled materials are transformed into a high-quality raw material that is soft, durable and sustainable. Tidal looks good while doing good.
A husband-and-wife team runs this small business located in northwest Georgia’s mill country. Experienced rug makers rely on both hand craftsmanship and technology to produce rugs of exceptional quality and consistency.
Details of Tidal Border 6'x9' Rug
- Dimensions: 6'w 9'l
- Features: ideal for high-traffic areas; non-shedding
- Pile Height: .25"h
- Edge Detail: clean-cut edge creates a natural profile
- Backing: flexible latex, for securing yarns and creating a smooth back
- Construction: machine loomed & hand tufted Construction details
- Consideration: rug pad recommended for hard floors to protect floor surface, add cushioning and reduce movement Shop rug pads
- Product Origin: made in Georgia
- Material Origin: United States and imported
- Item Number: 282477
- Material: ECONYL� regenerated nylon
- Color: grey
- Material Description: Items such as discarded fishing nets, used carpeting and other nylon waste are regenerated into high-quality ECONYL� yarn. Soft, durable and dye-fast, the high-quality recycled nylon fibers are resilient and ideal for heavy traffic areas. ECONYL� rugs will not shed and are easy to clean, making them a durable and sustainable choice for your home.
MACHINE-LOOMED, HAND-TUFTED RUG CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Rug Design Process
Long before our rugs are woven, they start as a vision of color, composition and material. We design our rugs with inspiration from art and architecture to historical designs and nature. Every color, pattern and texture is carefully considered to ensure the rugs are both beautiful and easy to live with. We use the highest quality yarns for durability and longevity. Rugs set the foundation for your room and we're committed to bringing you an exclusive collection of colors, styles and textures that will last.
How It's Made
State-of-the-art machines are used to weave the rug's background color after which the pattern is hand tufted by skilled craftsmen. Their artistry is evident in the consistency and precision with which the patterns are placed. Finishing details are completed primarily by hand.
Machine-loomed rugs are made using computer-controlled tufting needles that quickly push loops of yarn through a canvas backing. Then skilled craftsmen use a hand-tufting tool to add the desired pattern to the rug. Excess strands are hand-trimmed from the front, back and edges of the rug. After a final edging, each rug is inspected for size, consistency and overall quality.
A non-allergenic, synthetic latex backing is rolled on by hand after the tufting process to hold the yarns in place and extend the rug's life. Then a secondary backing material is added to add strength and stability. A final layer of flexible synthetic latex is troweled on, to lock the backing system together and create a smooth back.