The classic chesterfield sofa gets a modern twist. Our Macalester sofa adds plenty of personality with lots of comfort. The high back and arms invite you to curl up in the corner, while the blend-down bench seat cushion encourages you to stretch out and relax.
Details of Macalester 90" Sofa
- Dimensions: 90"w 35"d 29"h
- Inside Width: 78"w
- Arm Height: 29"h
- Seat Height: 17"h
- Seat Depth: 23"d
- Leg Height: 1.25"h
- Legs: all are removable
- Construction: benchmade hardwood frame with sinuous coil suspension Construction details
- Seat Cushion: blend-down Cushion details
- Back Cushion: foam and fiber
- Cushion Care: down cushion
- Cushion Style: bench seat, loose; tight back
- Delivery Consideration: oversized item; measure your space for fit Printable instructions
- Warning: California residents Proposition 65
- Product Origin: made in North Carolina
- Material Origin: United States and imported
- Item Number: 884913
- Fabric: Banks straw
- Fabric Content: 82% polyester, 18% cotton
- Fabric Description: Made from a blend of polyester and cotton, Banks offers both luxury and practicality. Resistant to stains and fading, this family-friendly velvet has a rich appearance and soft texture. Banks delivers comfort and performance for any room in your home.
Discover if this seating will be comfortable for you.
Seat ComfortFor a scale of soft to firm, this product rates as very soft seat comfort level.
Seat DepthFor a scale of shallow to deep, this product rates as medium depth seat depth level.
Seat HeightFor a scale of low to high, this product rates as medium height seat height level.
- Eco-friendly, high-resiliency foam core wrapped in fiber padding, feathers and down, encased in down-proof ticking
- Offers widely-appealing, relaxed comfort
- Offers a casual look
- Will soften and settle with use; some feather loss is normal
Made to the same high standards as all of our furniture, each one of our upholstery frames is built to last.
Kiln-dried, engineered hardwood
We use kiln-dried, engineered hardwood in all of our upholstery frames. Often used for structural beams, engineered hardwood is made by pressing thin layers of solid wood together. Kiln-drying removes moisture, minimizing seasonal expansion and contraction. This stable hardwood material resists warping and cracking for lasting durability.
We reinforce every joint in our frames for added stability. Precision-cut parts interlock like puzzle pieces and are reinforced with eco-friendly glues, screws or staples and corner blocks. Reinforced joinery ensures your seating holds together, even with years of frequent use.
A sinuous coil suspension consists of s-shaped metal springs that are stretched across the frame. The coils are securely attached with clips that allow the metal to flex while still remaining supportive. Because each coil is independently attached to the frame, you'll barely feel it when someone sits down next to you.