Ayomi Yoshida, After Rain Comes Fair Weather, 2019
While creating this series, Ayomi Yoshida was inspired by her continued meditation on humanity’s impact on our water systems. These hand-blocked prints feature Yoshida’s distinctive printing style and beautiful expression of nature, focusing on four horizon lines where ocean meets with rain.
To create these unique prints, Yoshida carved the images into wood blocks (one for each color), then used water-based ink to hand-block-print the images. Due to the meticulous nature of the process, completing a series of prints takes about three months. Each of the prints is signed and numbered by the artist, and is available only at Room & Board.
A fourth-generation artist, Ayomi Yoshida hand carves each block and hand prints every piece. Her aesthetic is inspired by nature and features intricate designs with a unique perspective.
Details of Ayomi Yoshida, After Rain Comes Fair Weather, 2019, Ltd Ed Woodblock Print
- Dimensions: 34"w 2"d 34"h
- Frame Width: 1"w
- Technique: hand block-printed: achieving pattern transfer by stamping hand carved designs onto materials, adding individuality to every hand pressed piece
- Construction: solid wood frame; mitered corners; archival acid-free mounting materials; UV-resistant shatterproof plexiglass insert
- Features: limited edition of 50; signed and numbered by artist
- Wall Mounting: hanging wire
- Care: wipe with damp cloth, dry immediately; clean insert with plexiglass cleaner sprayed onto cloth
- Product Origin: made in Japan
- Material Origin: United States and imported
- Item Number: 721299
- Material: archival paper
- Color: blue
- Secondary Material: white oak
- Finish: lacquer