While creating this series, Ayomi Yoshida was inspired by her continued meditation on humanity’s impact on our water systems. These hand-blocked prints feature Yoshida’s distinctive printing style and beautiful expression of nature, focusing on four horizon lines where ocean meets with rain.
To create these unique prints, Yoshida carved the images into wood blocks (one for each color), then used water-based ink to hand-block-print the images. Due to the meticulous nature of the process, completing a series of prints takes about three months. Each of the prints is signed and numbered by the artist, and is available only at Room & Board.
Details of Ayomi Yoshida, Rain, Rain, Rain, 2019, Limited Edition Woodblock Print
- Overall: 49"w 2"d 38"h
- Technique: hand block-printed: achieving pattern transfer by stamping hand carved designs onto materials, adding individuality to every hand pressed piece
- Construction: solid wood frame; mitered corners; archival acid-free mounting materials; UV-resistant shatterproof plexiglass insert
- Features: limited edition of 100; signed and numbered by artist
- Wall Mounting: hanging wire
- Care: wipe with damp cloth, dry immediately; clean insert with plexiglass cleaner sprayed onto cloth
- Material: archival paper
- Color: dark charcoal
- Secondary Material: white oak
- Finish: lacquer
- Product Origin: made in Japan
- Material Origin: United States and imported
- Item Number: 620319
Great Customer Photos
Share your modern style #roomandboard
The following is an image carousel of customer submitted images. You can browse all of the images in the carousel in the list below.