Grove Office Armoire
Mid-century details like solid wood turned and tapered legs and beveled edges lend an air of refinement to the Grove office cabinet. Crafted by Pennsylvania woodworkers, Grove features an oil-and-wax finish that enhances the natural grain pattern of every panel of its solid wood construction.
The Grove office center features a pull-down work surface, making it as functional as it is stylish.
Details of Grove 37w 16d 44h Office Armoire
- Dimensions: 37"w 16"d 44"h
- Floor to Bottom Clearance: 5.5"h
- Space Between Legs: 25.5"w 10.25"d
- Case Construction: benchmade solid wood with unfinished wood veneer back Construction details
- Drawer Construction: solid wood front; Baltic birch plywood sides; wood veneer bottom; dovetail joinery
- Drawer Details: full-extension ball-bearing glides; hand sanded, unfinished interior; 100-lb capacity
- Drawer Interior: (2) 21"w 12.75"d 2.5"h; (1) 21"w 12.75"d 9.25"h
- File Drawer Details: one full-extension letter/legal-size
- Door Construction: solid wood
- Door Details: non-adjustable hinges; opens 180 degrees
- Space Behind Doors: (1) 34.75"w 15"d 13.25"h; (1) 11"w 14.25"d 19.5"h
- Work Surface Details: 34.75"w 15"d drop-down
- Shelves: one adjustable wood
- Cord Opening: (3) 2" diam
- Includes: 4 oz bottle of Satin Wax; anti-tip safety hardware
- Product Origin: made in Pennsylvania
- Material Origin: United States and imported
- Item Number: 917694
- Wood: walnut
- Finish: oil-and-wax
- Material Description: Walnut adds timeless depth and character to your room. Even after walnut is harvested and made into furniture, it continues to be a living, breathing material that responds to its environment - it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and also changes color over time as it's exposed to air, sunlight and wear. New walnut starts as a dark chocolate brown and beautifully ages to lighter brown or honey color over time.
- Wood: walnut
- Finish: oil-and-wax
GROVE CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Each Grove piece is constructed one at a time by an expert artisan. The entire case is reinforced with time-tested joinery, built and assembled by hand and then hand sanded and finished before it comes to you as a fully assembled piece. Our commitment to benchmade construction ensures you receive furniture that's built to last a lifetime.
We source our solid woods within the U.S., which has some of the strictest forestry standards in the world. Every board is hand selected for color consistency and strategically placed to create a cohesive appearance. The natural markings of the wood make each Grove piece one of a kind. Grove is constructed entirely from solid wood, except for the back panel and drawer boxes. Exterior back panels are unfinished wood veneer, while visible interior backs are finished wood veneer that matches the piece.
Every Grove piece is finished with oil and wax, which is designed to highlight grain patterns and bring out the natural luster of the wood. Artisans apply this rich finish by hand and lightly buff the surface for a subtle sheen. The oil moisturizes and seals the wood and the wax offers a layer of light protection. We recommend applying our Satin Wax annually to maintain your Grove furniture.
Drawers and Glides
Each drawer front is solid wood and perfectly aligned within the frame of the piece. The drawer boxes have Baltic birch plywood sides connected with dovetail joinery and a wood veneer bottom. Ball-bearing glides function smoothly even when the drawer is filled to its 100-pound capacity. Drawer interiors are hand sanded for a smooth feel and left unfinished.
Doors, Shelves and Hardware
All doors are built from solid wood and precisely inset within the frame of the cabinet. Concealed, fully adjustable hinges open 110 degrees and give you the option to adjust the door alignment for perfect functionality through years of use. Interior latches keep doors securely closed. Some Grove pieces feature sliding solid wood doors with hidden hardware for nearly effortless functionality. Shelves are made from solid wood and rest on adjustable steel pins. We designed the mid-century-inspired solid wood base and knobs exclusively for the Grove collection.