Woodwind Open-Back Custom Bookcase Guide
The Woodwind Open-Back collection offers versatile options so you can find your ideal storage solution. Explore bookcase specifications, sizes, dimensions and measurement tips before designing a bookcase that fits your exact needs.
Depending on overall width, some bookcases have a 1.75-inch wide center divider.
Adjustable shelves are .75 inches thick with a 1-inch thick front edge. Each adjustable shelf has a 30-pound weight capacity.
Finished On All Sides
Every part of the bookcase is finished so you can position it against a wall or stand it freely in a room.
- Five height options: 30 inches, 48 inches, 60 inches, 72 inches, 86 inches
- Width by the inch from 14 to 72 inches
- Fixed depth: 17 inches
- Number of shelves in each unit depends on overall height
Bookcases 14"w – 36"w
To create a space that’s functional and comfortable, make sure you have enough room for your bookcase. We recommend using these guidelines as you select your dimensions. Looking for additional advice about measuring or suggestions to fit your space? We’re here to help
Please note: Each bookcase is crafted as either one piece or as two pieces that are secured together upon delivery.
Measure your Space
- Remember to account for windows, crown molding, baseboards, outlets and light switches in your measurements.
- When selecting the dimensions for your bookcase, consider any stairs, doorways, hallways or other tight spaces your bookcase may need to maneuver through for delivery. Watch our video for more information.
- Consider the width and height of your TV to ensure proper proportions and viewing comfort.
- Please note that most remote controls will not work through wood doors.
- Lacquer finishes are susceptible to moisture and heat damage. Use trivets and coasters and wipe spills immediately.
Measure any item you wish to store in your bookcase to ensure they will fit within the interior
dimensions. Standard heights of common items are below:
- Book height: 9 to 13 inches
- Magazine height: 11 inches
- Vinyl record height: 7 to 12 inches
- Media component height: 4 to 10 inches
- All of our bookcases include anti-tip safety hardware.
- We recommend placing your heaviest items on the bottom of the bookcase and lighter items on top for a balance of weight.
Custom Product Policy
A non-refundable fee of 30% applies to custom products that are changed, canceled or returned. Full refunds are only given if the custom product order is canceled within 48 hours of being placed or in the rare case of defects in materials or workmanship.
Get unlimited items delivered by our dedicated Delivery Associates for one flat rate per trip—$99 for local customers within 100 miles of a Room & Board store and $139 for customers who live beyond our local delivery areas within the 48 contiguous states. Unlimited accessories ship for free via UPS (excluding accessories that require in-home delivery).