Small living rooms can be big on style and function. See how the three spaces below make the most of every square foot.
- Bold wall art is the focal point of the small living room shown above and moves the eye upward. This hand-blocked print by artist Ayomi Yoshida also sets the stage for the colors used in the room.
- The Jasper studio sofa and Nico office chair are upholstered in the same fabric, which creates a cohesive look. Plus, Nico makes a comfortable chair for guests.
- This small space living room also functions as a home office, thanks to the Penn table. You can also use it as a buffet or cocktail station when entertaining.
- This small living room is also an inviting guest room, thanks to the perfectly proportioned Allston sleeper sofa.
- The Etting bookcase takes advantage of wall space to provide storage and its slim uprights lend an airy feeling.
- We used a glass top on the Parsons thin leg cocktail table to keep the eye moving and to show more of the soft Nomad rug beneath.
- Our Aero ottoman can be used as extra seating or as an end table.
- Open-back Dahl bookcases divide this living room from an adjacent room, adding architectural interest and plenty of storage.
- This room becomes even more functional with the addition of a small Parsons table. Use the space for meals, board games or office space.
- Our Rayne floor lamp can light up the entire room, yet doesn’t take up valuable space on end tables.
Photos by Room & Board