- No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. The Room & Board TikTok Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 8:00:00 AM CST Time on December 3, 2022, and ends at 11:59:59 PM CST Time on December 7, 2022 (the “Entry Period”).
- Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents living in the contiguous United States (excluding Rhode Island) and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Room & Board, Inc. (“Room & Board”) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, dealers, advertising and promotional agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in their same household are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED BY ROOM & BOARD WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges (all of whom will be appointed by Room & Board in its sole discretion) which will be final and binding in all respects. Void outside the United States and in Rhode Island and wherever prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Room & Board, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, dealers, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any damages of any form that you might incur as a result of participation in the Sweepstakes or from acceptance, receipt, use, misuse or possession of the prize. The prize is awarded on the condition that the Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or from acceptance or possession of the prize.
- How to Enter. To submit an Entry, visit Room & Board’s TikTok page @roomandboardfurniture and click on the most recent “Giveaway” post. To enter, do all of the following during the Entry Period:
- Like the post;
- Follow @roomandboardfurniture; and
- Add a comment (the “Entry”) to the post tagging 1 friend.
An Entry is “received” when it appears on Room & Board’s TikTok post; proof of submitting an Entry (such as an automated computer receipt confirming submission) will not be deemed to constitute proof of actual receipt by Room & Board of an Entry for purposes of the Sweepstakes. A TikTok account can be opened for free by downloading the TikTok application from the Apple App Store or Google Play. TikTok, LLC is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Standard data and/or other rates apply to participants who submit a post via a wireless mobile device. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before using your mobile device to submit an Entry.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, you hereby warrant and represent the following facts on which Room & Board will rely in offering this Sweepstakes:
- Each Entry is original to you.
- Each Entry complies with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances or regulations.
- Each Entry complies with TikTok’s Terms of Service (https://www.tiktok.com/legal/terms-of-service/).
- No Entry violates or infringes on any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, logos, or other proprietary rights of any entity or person (living or deceased), including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
- No Entry will give rise to any non-frivolous claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party.
- No Entry is or contains any of the following: defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene language, and further, no Entry contains, depicts, includes, discusses or involves, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of Room & Board); personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic), commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Room & Board; links to third-party websites; any identifiable third party products, trademarks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Room & Board); conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules; and/or any other comment that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by Room & Board in its sole and absolute discretion.
Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules, or that otherwise contain incomplete, prohibited, inappropriate, offensive, infringing or otherwise unacceptable content as determined by Room & Board, in their sole discretion, will be disqualified, and will not receive an entry into any Sweepstakes (without notice to you). Room & Board reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant whose participation may subject the Sweepstakes and Room & Board or its advertisers, suppliers, customers, or Released Parties to controversy, embarrassment or negative publicity. Spam entries will be disqualified. All entries become exclusive property of Room & Board and Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same TikTok account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) Entry by using multiple/different TikTok accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Room & Board may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Prize Drawing and Odds. There will be one (1) winner, selected at random, receiving: Set of 3 Holton Candle Holders($180) and 2 sets of Glint Taper Candles in Ivory ($24); (Approx. Retail Value $204). Additional restrictions, limitations, and exclusions may apply. No prize substitutions, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes permitted except as required by law or at the sole discretion of the Room & Board. The winner is solely responsible for purchasing any other products or services which may be required or necessary to utilize any of the prizes. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Entry Period.
- Notification of Winner. On or about December 8, 2022, the winner will be randomly selected from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. The potential winner will be sent their prize-winning notification Direct Message to the TikTok account that submitted the winning Entry. Any prize must be claimed (i.e., scheduled for delivery or picked up) by December 12, 2022 or it will be forfeited and, at Room & Board’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Except where prohibited, the potential winner, at the sole option of Room & Board, may be required to execute a Winner’s Declaration and Release (“Winner’s Form”), which includes a liability waiver and a publicity release; the Winner’s Form must be returned within 14 days of the date on which the winner notification is sent by Room & Board by Direct Message, or the prizes will be forfeited and, at Room & Board’s discretion, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries received. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prizes, fails to return the completed and executed Winner’s Form (if required by Room & Board) within the specified timeframe as required, or if the prize notification or prizes are returned as undeliverable, the prizes will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random. By accepting or using any of the prizes, the winner agrees that Room & Board can use the winner’s name, voice and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law (in Tennessee, this publicity waiver shall be limited to 10 years from the date the Winner is notified). Room & Board is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner.
- Internet/General Provisions. Room & Board may modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes, or amend these Official Rules, at any time, and for any reason that it may determine in its sole discretion. Room & Board is not responsible for entries (including without limitation data transmissions) that are late, lost, tampered with, illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, garbled, delayed, mutilated, forged, destroyed, stolen, misdirected, undeliverable, or mailed postage due or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and such entries will be disqualified. Room & Board is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, data input errors, typographical errors on its website or in these Official Rules, or any other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic, including without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information regardless of the cause. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Room & Board, will be disqualified and entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all entries affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Room & Board reserves the right to terminate such person’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ROOM & BOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Disputes/Choice of Law. Except where prohibited, you agree that this Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota and: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Hennepin County, Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees (except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules); (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”); and (4) you hereby waive all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased, to the extent permitted by law. Under no circumstances shall Room & Board’s aggregate liability to you or any entrant of the Sweepstakes exceed One Dollar ($1.00).
- Taxes. All federal, state, local or other applicable taxes in connection with the receipt of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Winner List/Copy of Official Rules. You have the right to request the name of the winner where such right is mandated under applicable law. You also have the right to receive a duplicate copy of these Official Rules. To receive the name of the winner or a duplicate copy of these Official Rules, send the request and a separate, self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope by December 30, 2022 to: Room & Board [insert unique name of] Giveaway, c/o Room & Board, Inc., 4600 Olson Memorial Highway, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55422. In Florida, the separate envelope need not have a stamp.
- Acknowledgment. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and the terms set forth within these Official Rules.
- Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is solely sponsored by Room & Board, Inc., 4600 Olson Memorial Highway, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55422. For further information please e-mail socialmedia@RoomAndBoard.com or contact Room & Board, Inc. via the US mail at the address provided above.