The best inspiration comes from you! November 4 through November 25, post on Instagram or upload a photo of your Room & Board style using #roomandboardIRL and #sweepstakes. You’ll automatically be entered to win one of three $1500 Room & Board gift cards.
Check out a few of our favorite customer photos for inspiration:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sponsor. The Photo Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is solely sponsored by Room & Board, Inc., 4600 Olson Memorial Highway, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55422 (“Room & Board”). For further information please e-mail email@example.com. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
2. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents living in the 50 United States (excluding Rhode Island) and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry and, if entering online, logging onto the Internet from the United States. Employees, officers and directors of Room & Board, Inc. (“Room & Board”), Instagram, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, dealers, advertising and promotional agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in their same household are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Bloggers and influencers with whom Room & Board has partnered and/or provided products in exchange for social media exposure are also excluded. Room & Board’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Room & Board and Instagram, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, dealers, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any damages of any form that you might incur as a result of participation in the Sweepstakes or from acceptance, receipt, use, misuse or possession of the prize. The prize is awarded on the condition that the Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or from acceptance or possession of the prize. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges (all of whom will be appointed by Room & Board in its sole discretion) which will be final and binding in all respects. Void outside the United States and in Rhode Island and wherever prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Entry period. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM Central Time on November 4, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Central Time on November 25, 2019 (the “Entry Period”). Entries eligible for the Sweepstakes must be received by Room & Board during the Entry Period.
4. How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes, take an original photo of your favorite Room & Board setting or design (which must feature one or more Room & Board products) in your home (a “Photo”), and upload your Photo to Instagram or at the Room & Board website, as provided below:
a. How to Enter via Instagram. To enter the Sweepstakes via Instagram: (1) login to your Instagram account (if you are an active user of Instagram); (2) once logged into your Instagram account, follow Room & Board (@roomandboard) on Instagram; and (3) upload the Photo to your Instagram account and add the hashtags #roomandboardIRL and #sweepstakes to the Photo. You can create an Instagram account for free by visiting www.instagram.com. Entries from Instagram users with “protected” accounts that only permit approved users to view posts may not be received by Room & Board.
b. How to Enter via Room & Board’s Website. To enter the Sweepstakes via Room & Board’s website: (1) visit www.roomandboard.com/modern-style-gallery; (2) click “add a photo” and upload the Photo from your Instagram account, Facebook account, computer, or mobile device; (3) include “#roomandboardIRL” and “#sweepstakes” in the caption; (4) create a display name; (5) enter your email address, and (6) agree to the Terms & Conditions.
c. How to Enter by Mail. You may alternatively enter the Photo Sweepstakes by mail. To do so, LEGIBLY print your first and last name, complete address, city, state and ZIP code, telephone number, and e-mail address on a 3” x 5” index card or piece of paper, place the card or paper in an envelope, and mail it postage paid to: The Photo Sweepstakes, c/o Room & Board, Inc., 4600 Olson Memorial Highway, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55422. If you do not have an email address, you may state that on the card in lieu of printing your email address. Only one entry per envelope is eligible for the Sweepstakes. No photocopies, reproductions or facsimiles allowed. Illegible or incomplete entries are void.
All entries, whether made online or by mail, become the exclusive property of Room & Board and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules, or that otherwise contain incomplete, prohibited, inappropriate, offensive, infringing or otherwise unacceptable content as determined by Room & Board, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified, and will not receive an entry into the Sweepstakes (without notice to you). Room & Board reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant whose participation may subject the Sweepstakes, Room & Board or its advertisers, suppliers or customers to controversy, embarrassment or negative publicity.
Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry. You are prohibited from assisting or encouraging anyone to make more than one entry. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or Instagram account. Online entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address or Instagram account used to submit the entry, at time of entry. If entering via a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply.
If you enter the Sweepstakes and are discovered to be under the age of 18, a resident of Rhode Island or are otherwise not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes, you will be disqualified. If you enter online, you must provide a valid e-mail address. It is your sole responsibility to notify Room & Board in writing by postal mail to the address listed above if you change your e-mail address or physical address after having entered the Sweepstakes. Room & Board reserves the right to use information provided in your entry to contact you about Room & Board’s products and services, and by entering the Sweepstakes, you expressly consent to such use.
5. Sweepstakes Prize Drawing and Odds. On or about November 27, 2019, three (3) winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries.
Each winner will receive a $1,500 Room & Board gift card (approximate Retail Value: $1,500 each), assuming they satisfy all requirements set forth in these Sweepstakes Rules. No cash redemption, transfer or prize substitution will be allowed, except by Room & Board which reserves the right to change or replace the prize with prize(s) of comparable or greater value at any time. Any costs or expenses incurred by the winner(s) in claiming or using their prize(s) will be the responsibility of the winner(s).
6. Right to Use Name, Likeness, and Other Identifying Information. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby irrevocably consents to the unlimited reproduction, distribution, display, performance, and other use by Room & Board and its successors and assigns of his/her name; image; likeness; voice; Photo; biographical information; statements and quotes; stories and anecdotes provided; all of his/her other personal or commercial attributes or identifying features; and any interior or exterior photographs or other depictions of the entrant’s home (each, a “Likeness”), for any purposes directly or indirectly related to this Sweepstakes, and in any format or medium now existing or later developed. Each entrant hereby waives any and all rights of publicity and rights of privacy associated with Room & Board’s use of a Likeness. Room & Board may, in its sole discretion, and without providing notice to or receiving consent from an entrant, modify, change, adapt, or otherwise alter a Likeness. Entrants shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of a Likeness. The rights granted under this Section 6 are without compensation or notification to the entrant of any kind, except as required by law, and shall extend to all entries, all other materials submitted by the entrant, and all other materials developed in connection with the Sweepstakes, regardless of whether they are developed by the entrant or another person or entity.
7. Notification of Winner. Each winner will be sent a direct message or comment from Room & Board on Instagram, or an e-mail, telephone call, or mailed notification from Room & Board, with instructions on how to claim the prize (the “Notification”). Each winner will be required to follow instructions on the Notification to claim the prize. This will include providing Room & Board with his/her first and last name, date of birth, complete address, city, state, and ZIP code, telephone number, and e-mail address. Except where prohibited, winners, at the sole option of Room & Board, may be required to execute a Winner’s Declaration and Release (“Winner’s Form”), which includes a liability waiver and a publicity release; the Winner’s Form must be returned within fourteen (14) days of the date on which the Notification is sent to each respective winner by Room & Board, or the prize will be forfeited and, at Room & Board’s discretion, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries received. Winners may also be required to provide Room & Board with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the e-mail address or Instagram account associated with the winning entries.
If a winning entry contains the Likeness of any third parties, including but not limited to the winner’s family, friends, or pets, Room & Board may require consent from each such third party (or in the case of pets, the pet’s owner) to a publicity release and to otherwise use his or her Likeness, without any compensation by Room & Board to such third parties. Failure to provide such consent may, in Room & Board’s sole discretion, result in disqualification. Entrants are therefore encouraged to receive consent from any such third parties before submitting their Photos.
The prizes must be claimed within thirty (30) days of the date that Room & Board sends each respective winner a Notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to timely claim the prize, fails to return the completed and executed Winner’s Form (if required by Room & Board) within the specified timeframe as required, or fails to provide proof of ownership of the winning account; or if Room & Board does not receive consent from third parties whose Likenesses are included in the winning entries; or if the prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from all remaining eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Room & Board is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner.
8. Rights Definition. As used in these Official Rules, the term “Rights” shall mean rights of copyright, patent rights, trademark and service mark rights, publicity rights, trade secret rights, character rights, trade dress rights, and all other proprietary rights of any kind whatsoever, together with any and all applications, registrations, renewal and extension rights, and rights to sue for any past, present, or future infringement or violation.
9. Originality of Photos. Each entrant must have all Rights in and to his/her Photo as of the time of entry to the Sweepstakes. By submitting a Photo, each entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the Photo is his/her original work of authorship, creation, or invention; (b) he/she is the exclusive owner of the Rights related to the Photo, or he/she has written permission from the owner of such Rights: (i) to submit such Photo as part of this Sweepstakes; and (ii) to grant to Room & Board all rights necessary to use the Photo, including but not limited to the rights necessary to use his or her Likeness; (c) no other person or entity is entitled to any payment for the use of the Photo; (d) he/she has obtained from anyone identified or depicted in the Photo (or the parent or guardian of any child identified or depicted) all permission necessary to grant Room & Board the rights granted herein; and (e) he/she has obtained from the owner of the related Rights, all permission necessary for the inclusion and use in the Sweepstakes of any graphics, artwork, location or other items or elements that appear in the Photo. A Photo must not have been, and may not be, entered in any other Sweepstakes (including this Sweepstakes) or previously published. Modifying, enhancing, or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as an entrant’s original creation. Each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Room & Board and its third party service providers from and against all claims or damages arising out of the use of such entrant’s Photo or entry. Room & Board reserves the right to void and/or disqualify any entry if the entry or Photo is found in Room & Board’s sole discretion to be inconsistent with the above representations and warranties, plagiarized, copied or fraudulent, to infringe upon existing Rights of others, or to be incomplete, damaged, obscene, offensive, promoting a particular political agenda, promoting drugs, or firearms/weapons, or otherwise unsuitable for any reason as determined in Room & Board’s sole discretion.
10. Room & Board’s Use of Entries and Photos. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby grants to Room & Board an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, unlimited, non-exclusive, sub-licensable unrestricted right and license to use, review, reproduce, modify, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, commercialize, and create derivative works of the entry and Photo, in whole or in part, in all media now existing or later developed without expectation of compensation or acknowledgement (other than the prize, if any, that is awarded as set forth in these Official Rules). Room & Board shall have no obligation to any entrant to make attribution with respect to a Photo or entry, retain any of the foregoing, or maintain any information or ideas contained therein, as confidential or proprietary.
11. Internet/General Provisions. Room & Board is not responsible for entries (including without limitation data transmissions) that are late, lost, tampered with, illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, garbled, delayed, mutilated, forged, destroyed, stolen, misdirected, undeliverable, or mailed postage due or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, and such entries will be disqualified. The prize is not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. Room & Board is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, data input errors, typographical errors on its website or in these Official Rules, or any other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic, including without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information regardless of the cause. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Room & Board, will be disqualified and entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all entries affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Room & Board reserves the right to terminate such person’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Room & Board may modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time, and for any reason that it may determine in its sole discretion. Room & Board reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and randomly select the winner for the prize from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. Room & Board is not responsible for any problem with a Sweepstakes entry generated by computer hardware or software malfunction, error or failure. Room & Board reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time during the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ROOM & BOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Disputes/Choice of Law. The laws of the State of Minnesota shall govern the Sweepstakes. Except where prohibited, you agree that this Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Minnesota and: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Hennepin County, Minnesota; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees (except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules); (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”); and (4) you hereby waive all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased, to the extent permitted by law. Under no circumstances shall Room & Board’s aggregate liability to you or any entrant of the Sweepstakes exceed One Dollar ($1.00).
14. Taxes. All federal, state, local or other applicable taxes in connection with the receipt of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
15. Winner List/Copy of Official Rules. To receive the name of the prize winner or a duplicate copy of these Official Rules, send the request and a separate, self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope by December 31, 2019 to: Photo Sweepstakes, c/o Room & Board, Inc., 4600 Olson Memorial Highway, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55422.
16. Acknowledgment. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and the terms set forth within these Official Rules.