Inspired by Asian design details with a modern edge, the form of our Berkeley bed bridges classic and contemporary styles. Made in North Dakota from solid wood and expertly constructed solid wood veneer, this timeless bed will be an enduring part of your bedroom.See the full Berkeley collection
Details of Berkeley Queen Bed
- Dimensions: 63"w 84"d 49"h
- Headboard Height: 49"h
- Footboard Height: 16"h
- Floor to Bottom of Mattress: 13"h
- Underbed Clearance: 59"w 80.5"d 8"h
- Mattress Space: 60"w 80.5"d
- Construction: benchmade solid wood and wood veneer frame with reinforced joinery
- Leg Thickness: 1.75"w
- Includes: complete bed frame and mattress support system; mattress not included
- Mattress Support: slats; eliminates the need for a box spring or foundation
- Mattress Support Details: 12 steel 2"w 1"h slats
- Considerations: bed designed for a mattress only; box spring not recommended; mattress height of 13" or shorter creates the ideal bed proportions; shop our mattresses for a perfect fit
- Compatible With: Room & Board adjustable mattress bases
- Assembly: delivery includes assembly Instructions for future reference
- Product Origin: made in North Dakota
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Number: 151988
- See all photos
- Wood: walnut
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Walnut adds timeless depth and character to your room. Even after walnut is harvested and made into furniture, it continues to be a living, breathing material that responds to its environment - it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and also changes color over time as it's exposed to air, sunlight and wear. New walnut starts as a dark chocolate brown and beautifully ages to lighter brown or honey color over time.
- Wood: walnut
- Finish: lacquer
BERKELEY CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Each Berkeley piece is constructed one at a time by an expert artisan. The entire case is reinforced with time-tested joinery, built and assembled by hand and then hand sanded and finished before it comes to you as a fully assembled piece. Our commitment to benchmade construction ensures you receive furniture that's built to last a lifetime.
We source our solid woods within the U.S., which has some of the strictest forestry standards in the world. Every board is hand selected for color consistency and strategically placed to create a cohesive appearance. The natural markings of the wood make each Berkeley piece one of a kind. The Berkeley collection features solid wood frames, doors, drawer fronts and bases.
Wood Veneer Reinforcement
Berkeley pieces have wood veneer tops, sides and interior panels, and unfinished wood veneer exterior back panels. Berkeley’s wood veneer is made by applying a layer of solid wood to premium grade particle board. This combination of materials increases structural integrity because it doesn’t expand or contract with seasonal humidity changes like solid wood. Berkeley’s wood veneer is thicker than the industry standard and CARB 2 compliant for low emissions.
Berkeley is available in a beautiful range of natural and stained woods. Stain colors are meticulously applied by hand and layered until the perfect color is achieved. A clear low-sheen lacquer is used on both natural and stained woods to protect and seal the surface. Regardless of your material selection, the grain of the wood is allowed to show through for a natural look.
Drawers and Glides
Each drawer front is solid wood and perfectly aligned within the frame of the piece. The drawer boxes have Baltic birch plywood sides connected with dovetail joinery and a wood veneer bottom. Ball-bearing glides function smoothly even when the drawer is filled to its 100-pound capacity. Drawer interiors are hand sanded and sealed with lacquer for a smooth, snag-free finish.
Doors, Shelves and Hardware
Select Berkeley pieces feature sliding doors with paper cord panels. Woven in Iowa using traditional methods, the paper cord panels are framed in solid wood. Hidden premium hardware allows doors to glide smoothly. Some storage pieces have solid wood doors with concealed, fully adjustable, soft-close hinges that open 110 degrees. Shelves are made from wood veneer and rest on adjustable steel pins. We designed Berkeley’s distinctive steel pulls exclusively for this collection.