Small Bathroom Ideas
Learn how to design a functional and beautiful small bathroom.
- We offer a range of vanity sizes, but 26", 36" and 48" vanities often work best for small bathrooms.
- Choose vanities with as much storage as possible, whether that’s closed storage or shelves underneath the vanity.
- Pick colors that coordinate with your bathroom and won’t overwhelm the space visually.
Vanities with a base or legs help lighten your space visually.
Mirrors and Lighting
- We recommend a mirror size slightly smaller than your vanity’s width for the perfect proportion.
- Consider a round or arched mirror to add an interesting architectural element to your small bathroom.
- Adding sconces above or beside your mirror makes getting ready easier and more flattering.
- We love 2'x3' rugs for small bathrooms. Or, try a runner rug that spans the full space.
- For rugs near showers, consider an indoor/outdoor rug. These durable rugs easily hold up to wet floors.
- Try a wool rug in front of your sink. Our soft and luxurious wool rugs are durable and easy to spot clean.
- Be sure to add a rubber rug pad to prevent slipping.
Low-pile rugs are best for bathrooms.
- Calm your bathroom clutter with small storage items like baskets and bins. If it’s out, give it a home.
- Choose easy-to-clean decor that also serves a purpose like trays, cups or soap dishes.
- Make the most of vertical space by adding wall hooks and shelves to maximize storage.
- Pick items with colors that pair back to your rug, shower curtain or towels.
Small Spaces, Big Ideas
See all of our small space design tips and learn how to make the most of minimal square footage.
Free Small Space Design Advice
Room & Board Design Associates are small space experts. Take advantage of our free design services online, over the phone or at one of our stores.