Don't let Hudson's delicate design fool you—it's built to be rock solid. This modern bed is handcrafted in West Virginia by skilled artisans. The natural grain patterns of U.S.-sourced solid wood is the perfect backdrop for the sleek, timeless design of this modern bed.
From a distance you'll appreciate how seamlessly this minimalist design incorporates into any home. Up close, you'll love the smooth feel of the hand-sanded wood and the durability that comes from exceptional attention to every detail.See the full Hudson collection
Details of Hudson Queen Bed
- Dimensions: 63"w 85"d 42"h
- Headboard Height: 42"h
- Footboard Height: 13.25"h
- Floor to Bottom of Mattress: 12"h
- Mattress Space: 60.75"w 81"d
- Construction: benchmade solid wood frame with reinforced joinery
- Includes: complete bed frame and mattress support system; mattress not included
- Mattress Support: slats; eliminates the need for a box spring or foundation; platform boards available for mattresses requiring a solid surface
- Mattress Support Details: 14 solid wood 2"w .75h"h slats
- Considerations: bed designed for a mattress only; box spring not recommended; mattress height of 13" or shorter creates the ideal bed proportions; shop our mattresses for a perfect fit
- Compatible With: Room & Board adjustable mattress bases
- Assembly: delivery includes assembly Instructions for future reference
- Product Origin: made in West Virginia
- Material Origin: United States
- Item Number: 727724
- See all photos
- Wood: walnut
- Finish: lacquer
- Material Description: Walnut adds timeless depth and character to your room. Even after walnut is harvested and made into furniture, it continues to be a living, breathing material that responds to its environment - it expands and contracts with changes in humidity and also changes color over time as it's exposed to air, sunlight and wear. New walnut starts as a dark chocolate brown and beautifully ages to lighter brown or honey color over time.
- Wood: walnut
- Finish: lacquer
HUDSON CONSTRUCTION DETAILS
Each Hudson piece is constructed one at a time by an expert artisan. The entire case is reinforced with time-tested joinery, built and assembled by hand and then hand sanded and finished before it comes to you as a fully assembled piece. Our commitment to benchmade construction ensures you receive furniture that's built to last a lifetime.
We source our solid woods within the U.S., which has some of the strictest forestry standards in the world. Every board is hand selected for color consistency and strategically placed to create a cohesive appearance. The natural markings of the wood make each Hudson piece one of a kind. Hudson is constructed entirely from solid wood, except for the back panel and drawer box bottoms. Exterior back panels are unfinished wood veneer, while visible interior backs are finished wood veneer that matches the piece.
Hudson is available in a beautiful range of natural and stained woods. Stain colors are meticulously applied by hand and layered until the perfect color is achieved. A clear low-sheen lacquer is used on both natural and stained woods to protect and seal the surface. Regardless of your material selection, the grain of the wood is allowed to show through for a natural look.
Drawers and Glides
Each drawer front is solid wood and perfectly aligned within the frame of the piece. The drawer boxes are constructed with solid ash sides connected with dovetail joinery and a wood veneer bottom. Ball-bearing glides function smoothly even when the drawer is filled to its 100-pound capacity. Drawers are hand sanded and waxed inside and out for a smooth, snag-free finish.
Doors, Shelves and Hardware
All doors are built from solid wood and precisely inset within the frame of the cabinet. Concealed, fully adjustable hinges open 165 degrees and give you the option to adjust the door alignment for perfect functionality through years of use. Interior latches keep doors securely closed. The solid-wood shelves have wood support braces for added stability and rest on adjustable steel pins. We designed the understated wood and steel knobs and bases exclusively for the Hudson collection.