With our York chair, everyone—short, tall and in between—can have a seat. A Room & Board favorite since 1997, the seat height and depth of York is designed to accommodate a range of sizes with great support and comfort. This smaller scale makes it easy for this versatile chair to fit your floor plan.See the full York collection
Details of York Chair
- Dimensions: 37"w 35"d 29"h (36"h with cushion)
- Inside Width: 24"w
- Arm Height: 25"h
- Seat Height: 19"h
- Seat Depth: 23"d
- Leg Height: 2"h
- Legs: all are removable
- Construction: benchmade hardwood frame with dual flexolator Construction details
- Seat Cushion: blend-down Cushion details
- Back Cushion: fiber down blend
- Cushion Style: loose seat; loose back
- Warning: California residents Proposition 65
- Product Origin: made in North Carolina
- Material Origin: United States and imported
- Item Number: 422980
- See all photos
- Fabric: Dawson cement
- Fabric Content: 100% polyester
- Fabric Description: Dawson offers the exceptional performance and durability of a micro-fiber without the suede-like texture. A small zig-zag pattern gives visual interest to this soft, stain-resistant fabric. Dawson's clean, modern look complements any frame.
- Eco-friendly, high-resiliency foam core wrapped in fiber padding, feathers and down, encased in down-proof ticking
- Offers widely-appealing, relaxed comfort
- Offers a casual look
- Will soften and settle with use; some feather loss is normal
Made to the same high standards as all of our furniture, each one of our upholstery frames is built to last.
Kiln-dried, engineered hardwood
We use kiln-dried, engineered hardwood in all of our upholstery frames. Often used for structural beams, engineered hardwood is made by pressing thin layers of solid wood together. Kiln-drying removes moisture, minimizing seasonal expansion and contraction. This stable hardwood material resists warping and cracking for lasting durability.
We reinforce every joint in our frames for added stability. Precision-cut parts interlock like puzzle pieces and are reinforced with eco-friendly glues, screws or staples and corner blocks. Reinforced joinery ensures your seating holds together, even with years of frequent use.
A Dual Flexolator suspension consists of a tempered steel grid attached to the frame with small springs. Each seat has its own independent steel grid, providing undisturbed comfort for each person on the sofa.