- Marble is a porous material and will quickly absorb spills on the surface. Blot spills immediately to minimize staining.
- Our marble is not sealed. You may apply an over-the-counter sealant, which will provide a small amount of surface protection, but you will still need to act quickly to clean spills.
- Use a slightly damp cloth to clean as needed. Wipe dry.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners, chemical solvents, strong detergents, cleaners with bleach, and furniture polish.
- Use trivets, coasters, placemats and adhesive felt pads to help prevent scratches.
- Over time marble will develop a patina from use, with variations in color and surface sheen.