Float/Float Box Wall Shelf Assembly Instructions
List of parts:
- Float shelf or Float Box shelf
- mounting bracket
- mounting screws
- wall anchors
- set screws
- 3/16" drill bit
- #2 Phillips screwdriver
- power drill
Note: The maximum recommended load for this product is 20 pounds. If you are mounting this shelf to a surface other than drywall, or if you are uncertain about assembly, please contact a professional for help with installation.
- Place the mounting bracket against your wall at the desired location. Use a level to ensure accurate placement. Ensure the mounting bracket is oriented in correspondence with the "up" arrow. Use a pencil to mark the location of each of the mounting holes. It is recommended that at least one of the holes be centered over a stud.
- Remove the mounting bracket from the wall and use a #2 Phillips screwdriver to install the wall anchors. (Figure 1) Ensure that the wall anchors are flush to the wall after installation. Note: It is not necessary to use a wall anchor for mounting holes positioned over studs. Instead, use a drill to pre-drill a 3/16" pilot hole and continue to step 3.
- Reposition the mounting bracket and align the mounting holes with the anchors. Use the mounting screws to fasten the mounting bracket to the wall.
- Slide the shelf over the protruding arms of the mounting bracket with the predrilled holes facing UP, then use the set screws to fasten the shelf in place. (Figure 2)